Our Forestry Mulching service offers a cost effective choice for land clearing. It also helps keep nutrients in your soil. Unlike land clearing, forestry mulching does not take away from the volume of your soil in turn reducing the need for dirt or sand to fill the void.
What is forestry mulching?
Forestry mulching is a method of clearing land in which heavy equipment is used to cut, grind, and clear undergrowth. We use a machine called a “forestry mulcher,” that is equipped with “teeth” or blades to shred the underbrush.
What are is it used for?
- Land Clearing
- Wildfire prevention and management
- Vegetation management
- Invasive Species Control
- Wildlife Restoration
What are the advantages?
- It is a cost-effective method of clearing land.
- Eliminates many of the steps involved in traditional land clearing such as; cutting, felling, hauling, etc. by processing trees and other vegetation in place.
- Limits the disturbance to soil, and any foliage that will remain on the property.
- Decreases the risk of erosion that could come with traditional land clearing, by leaving the soil structure intact.
- Leaving the mulched material in place can will not only act as an erosion barrier, but it’s decomposition will return the nutrients back into the soil.
- In time, grass will grow up through the mulch and can be maintained with mowing.
How much can you do in one day?
How much land we can clear in one day would depend on the terrain, type of material, and density of the land. Keeping that in mind, our mulchers can clear up to one acre every one and one-half days.
Let’s Get Started! Call Today!
You can reach us at 985-863-7588.
You can also send us a quick message.